Are you searching for family-friendly accommodation on the Sunshine Coast? Read this Oaks Oasis Resort review for what to expect.
On a previous visit to the Sunshine Coast, we stayed at Oaks Oasis Resort, Caloundra as we wanted a great hub for surrounding activities and somewhere fun for the kids to stay. Oaks Oasis lived up to our expectations, as I share below.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read the disclaimer for more information.
Featured Image: © Oaks Sunshine Coast Oasis Resort
Table of Contents
Why Visit the Sunshine Coast
The Sunshine Coast is one of our favourite places to visit. It has beautiful weather, stunning beaches, natural wonders and lots of attractions, and it is only 2-3 hours drive from the Gold Coast, making it the perfect distance for a long weekend getaway.
The Sunshine Coast region stretches from Caloundra in the south to Noosa (approximately) 70 km’s north. With so many sublime coastal towns and delightful hinterland gems found in between, I do find a couple of nights isn’t enough and one of the reasons why the Sunshine Coast is known as such a popular holiday destination.
Even though Oaks Oasis Resort is located in Caloundra, the property is positioned on 10 acres of land that is covered in sub-tropical plants and trees giving it a feeling of being more remote.
The Oaks Oasis Resort is an ideal hub for exploring the Sunshine Coast. Australia Zoo is 25-minutes away, The Ginger Factory is 35 minutes and the beautiful hinterland town of Maleny is only a 40-minute drive.
Ranked in the top 10 family resorts by Holidays with Kids magazine on paper this resort had all the bells and whistles to keep kids entertained, and we are pleased to say it lived up to our expectations. The most popular attraction for kids (which has been upgraded since this article was published) is the waterpark area – a large gated zone at the back of the resort featuring a water wonderland.
Perfectly suited for the juniors, but still large enough for the parents to join in on the fun and help their little ones, the water zone has slides, fountains, waterfalls, tipping buckets that are all surrounded by a shallow pool of water. The water is fully heated to cater for those cooler months and all year round.
There are lots of tables, chairs, and lounge chairs spread around the timber decks and the soft foam matting as you have the option of ordering snacks or buying beverages (fully licensed area) once everyone works up an appetite.
Practical Information: A waterpark charge of $5 per child per stay will be charged upon check-in
More Water Fun
You won’t miss the large pear-shaped tropical lagoon pool and jacuzzi that is nestled right beside Reflections restaurant overlooking lotus lake – making you feel like you are in a tropical paradise.
More Fun Features
Play a game on the 18 hole mini golf course, beach volleyball, or have a hit of tennis on the floodlit courts. There is no shortage of things to do as the kids can burn off more energy on the climbing frame and giant jumping pillow.
Rooms at Oaks Sunshine Coast Oasis Resort
Oaks Oasis Resort has an extensive range of accommodation options (detailed below) that are perfect for couples to larger families. Their newly refurbished rooms are styled with soft neutral tones and pops of blue to add that coastal feeling and relaxed ambiance.
- Executive King – Newly refurbished hotel room with a king bed to accommodate two Includes tea and coffee making facilities and small fridge.
- Executive Studio – A hotel room for two adults with kitchenette, microwave and small fridge.
- 1 Bedroom Executive Apartment – 1 Bedroom Executive apartment with kitchenette including microwave, cook top and fridge. This room can accommodate up to 3 people and features a balcony with garden views.
- Executive Family – Newly refurbished Hotel Room for up to four guests with tea and coffee making facilities and small fridge.
- 2 Bedroom Dual Key Apartment – Includes kitchenette – microwave, cooktop and fridge. Room features a balcony or courtyard with garden views. This room can occupy up to 5 guests and is made up of a studio room and one bedroom with an interconnecting
- 2 Bedroom Apartment – 2 Bedroom Apartment to accommodate up to 5 guests with kitchenette facilities.
- 2 Bedroom Villa – Spacious 2 level 2 Bedroom Villa with full kitchen and laundry facilities. Room features a balcony with garden views and private carport and can accommodate up to 5 guests.
- 3 Bedroom Villa – Spacious 2 Level 3 Bedroom Villa for up to 7 guests with full kitchen and laundry facilities. Room features two bathrooms, private carport and a balcony with garden views.
As a family of four we stayed within their Two Bedroom apartment on the third floor, there are stairs to climb to reach the top, so I’d recommend requesting a ground floor if you’d prefer not to tackle these.
The room had a full kitchen with a comfortable open planned dining and living room. At one end of the hallway was the second bedroom with two single beds. Next door was the main bathroom and full laundry facilities. At the opposite end of the hall was the main bedroom which for us was similar to a one bedroom executive apartment, which meant it had kitchenette facilities as well as an ensuite.
Reflections restaurant is bright and airy and nestled in the center of the resort giving its diners tranquil views over the surrounding lotus lake.
We took advantage of the kids eat free offer at Oaks Oasis and had a light meal one night as we wanted to save our appetite for breakfast the next morning. The buffet breakfast started our day right with an assortment of hot and cold dishes and of course the self- serve pancake machine was a firm favourite.
Kids Eat Free Offer: One child eats free from the dedicated kid’s menu, per one full paying adult. Valid for kids 12 years and under.
Free onsite parking is located near reception or around the rooms, while the villas have private carports.
Ready to Book Your Stay?
Disclosures: We were not hosted at Oaks Oasis Resort but were offered a complimentary room upgrade. All opinions are 100% true and our own.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin